Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2018
What is Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2018?
Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India invites application from students of class 11 to first-year graduation or Integrated post graduation (Science) for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2018. The main aim of this program is to encourage young talent to take up research as a career.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The scholarship is being funded and organized by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- Indian students studying in India.
- Stream SA: Class 11 studying student having at least 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) in Maths and Science subjects in class 10 board examination. Or,
- Stream SX: Class 12 studying student having at least 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) in Maths and Science subjects in class 10 board examination. Or,
- Stream SB: Students studying in 1st-year graduation in Basic Science related course (BSc/BS/BStat/BMath). or, Integrated MSc, MS and have scored at least 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in maths, physics, chemistry, biology in class 12 board examination.
What are the benefits ?
- In graduation and integrated 1st to 3rd years, the selected fellow will receive a monthly stipend of INR 5000 and an annual contingency grant of INR 20000.
- In MSc and integrated 4th to 5th years, the selected fellow will receive a monthly stipend of INR 7000 and an annual contingency grant of INR 28000.
How can you apply ?
The applicant has to follow these steps in order to apply online:
Step 1: Click here to apply online
Step 2: To register, click here
Step 3: Provide the personal details such as Name, DoB, Stream, Phone, Email id.
Step 4: Agree to the terms and condition and click on register.
Step 5: Username and password will be generated in sent to the registered email id.
Step 6: Login to continue filling the form by providing academic details and scanned copy of photo and signature.
Step 7: Make a payment by using a Credit Card, ATM-Debit Card or Net Banking.
Note: For General/OBC category the application fee is INR 1000 and for SC/ST/PWD category the application fee is INR 500. Bank Charges extra.
What are the selection criteria ?
- Application form selection round.
- Aptitude test round: An aptitude test will be conducted in Hindi and English language on 4th November 2018, Sunday.
- Interview round: Selected candidate will be called for an interview round.
What are the important dates ?
- Aptitude test will be conducted on 4th November 2018.
- Download of admit card starts from 2nd week of October 2018.