What is Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS (Minorities) 2018-19?
Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS (Minorities) 2018-19 invites applications from students of professional and technical course of minority communities. The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial help to the poor and meritorious students to continue their studies.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The scholarship is being offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- Must be studying in a recognized institute at graduation or post graduation level in any technical and professional course
- Must get admission on the basis of the competitive entrance examination or must have scored at least 50% in class 12 or graduation in case of direct admission
- Must have secured at least 50% marks in the previous final examination
- Must belong to the family where annual income is not more than INR 2.50 lakhs from all the sources
- Must belong to the minority community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians/Parsis)
What are the benefits ?
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Hostellers): INR 1000 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Day Scholars): INR 500 per month
- Course fee (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 20000 per annum or actual, whichever is less
How can you apply ?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps –
Step 1: Click on New Student? Register Here
Step 2: Select the state of domicile, select the name of the scholarship the student is applying for, select scheme type, write the name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID
Step 3: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFS Code, Account Number)
Step 4: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated
Step 5: Login using OTP and fill the form
Step 6: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for the future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
What are the documents required for the Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS (Minorities) 2018-19?
- Domicile Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Self Declaration of minority community certificate by the student
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Income certificate issued by designated state/UT authority
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father
Terms and Conditions
The scholarship will be continued if the applicant successfully completed the preceding year of the course.