What is Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students 2019?
On behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE), Government of Mexico, the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) invites applications for Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students 2018 from Indian students interested in pursuing a specialization, master’s degree, doctorate, or conducting graduate-level research in any of the participating Mexican educational institutions.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The scholarship is offered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE), Mexico, to foster academic collaboration with India and to maintain Mexico’s role as an actor with global responsibility.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To apply for a scholarship under the program, an applicant must:
- Have a Bachelor/Master/PhD degree (as per the requirements of the course for which the scholarship is applied) with a minimum GPA of 80, on a scale of 1 to 100, or equivalent
- Already been admitted or enrolled for a course at one of the participating universities
What are the benefits ?
Each of the selected scholars receive:
a) A Monthly stipend of 9800.96 Mexican Pesos for Masters and Specializations, or 12251 Mexican Pesos for Doctoral and Post-doctoral studies
b) Registration and Tuition fees for the course
c) Health Insurance
d) Visa Expense
Note: Airfare is not included for Indian citizens since India is not included in the list of participating countries with a reciprocal agreement with Mexico
How can you apply ?
Note: All application must be made online. No paper applications will be accepted for students from India.
To apply for the scholarship, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Go to this link
Step 2: ‘Create a New Account’ and ‘Register as a New User’ by filling out your details
Step 3: Log in to access ‘Available Scholarships’, and click to ‘apply’
Step 4: Fill out the application form and upload your documents
Step 5: Submit your application
What are the documents required for the Mexican Government Scholarships for International Students 2019?
The following documents are required for application:
Statement of purpose indicating the reasons for which the applicant is interested in studying or conducting research in Mexico
Affidavit of assurance to return
Acceptance letter from the Mexican host institution
Copy of the diploma of the highest degree received
Copy of the transcript of the last degree received showing a minimum grade point average (GPA)
For research grants, a copy of the academic document showing the applicant has finished or is currently enrolled in a Master’s or Doctoral program
Copy of birth certificate
Copy of a valid passport or an official ID
Original medical certificate issued by a public or private institution
Letter of acceptance of the General Terms and Conditions of the program, with the candidate’s handwritten signature
Applicants already in Mexico must have a current immigration document, with a Temporary Resident Student Visa
If Spanish is not the applicant’s native language, include certificate of an advanced level of proficiency in Spanish
For research grants in a language different from Spanish, it is mandatory to submit an official communication from the host institution
For research grants, the candidate must provide a certificate of an advance level of proficiency in the language, in which he/she will receive the tutoring
What are the selection criteria ?
- Academic Excellence in the intended area of study
- The intended field of study is related to the applicant’s job and academic history
- The intended field of study has importance and relevance to the development of India
Preference will be given to candidates that:
- Have not previously received a scholarship from the Mexican Government
- Apply for courses not available in India
- Hold faculty or research positions at public universities and scientific research centres in India
- Are public officials in charge of programs of special interest for India
In case of more number of applicants, preference will be given to applicants who have received admission in an institute ranked higher in the QS rankings (Source: MHRD)
What are the important dates ?
All applications will be submitted before 3 PM (local time in Mexico City), September 28, 2018.
All scholarships are for academic activities from 1st of March to 8th of December, 2019.
Terms and Conditions
- All applications are made on a personal basis, and only one application per person is admissible
- The scholarship is not retroactive and will not cover expenses incurred before it is awarded