What is Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2018-19?
Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2018-19 invites applications from physically challenged students of class 9 and 10. The key objective of the scholarship is to support the students with disabilities for their studies and prepare them to earn their livelihood and find a dignified place for themselves in the society.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The scholarship is being offered by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disability, Government of India.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- Must be studying in class 9 or class 10
- Must be having more than 40% disability and must have a valid certificate for the same.
- Must belong to the family where annual income is not more than INR 2.50 lakhs from all the sources.
What are the benefits ?
- Maintenance allowance for 12 months in an academic year (Hostellers): INR 800 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 12 months in an academic year (Day Scholars): INR 500 per month
- Book grant (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 1000 per annum
- Disability allowance
- Visually impaired: INR 4000 per annum
- Hearing impaired: INR 2000 per annum
- Physically disabled: INR 2000 per annum
- Intellectual disability: INR 4000 per annum
- All other types of disability: INR 2000 per annum
How can you apply ?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps –
Step 1: Click on New Student? Register Here
Step 2: Select the state of domicile, select the name of the scholarship the student is applying for, select scheme type, write the name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID
Step 3: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFS Code, Account Number)
Step 4: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated
Step 5: Login using OTP and fill the form
Step 6: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for the future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
What are the documents required for the Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2018-19?
- Photo of the applicant
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Age proof certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Bank account details
- Disability Certificate
Terms and Conditions
The scholarship can be given to maximum of two children of the same family (admissible if second child is twins)