What is Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2018-19?
Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2018-19 invites applications from students of class 1 to 10 of the minority community. The main objective of this scheme is to encourage parents belonging to a minority community to send their children to school by lightening their financial burden and to support the children to complete school education.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The scholarship is being offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- Must be studying in class 1 to 10
- Must have secured at least 50% marks in the previous final examination
- Must belong to the family where annual income is not more than INR 1 lakh from all the sources
- Must belong to the minority community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians/Parsis)
What are the benefits ?
- Admission fee for class 6 to 10 (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 500 per annum
- Tuition fee for class 6 to 10 (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 350 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Day Scholars): INR 100 per month for class 1 to 5
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Hostellers): INR 600 per month for class 6 to 10
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Day Scholars): INR 100 per month for class 6 to 10
How can you apply ?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps –
Step 1: Click on New Student? Register Here
Step 2: Select the state of domicile, select the name of the scholarship the student is applying for, select scheme type, write the name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID
Step 3: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFS Code, Account Number)
Step 4: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated
Step 5: Login using OTP and fill the form
Step 6: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for the future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
What are the documents required for the Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2018-19?
- Domicile Certificate
- Self Declaration of minority community certificate by the student
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet
- Copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Income certificate issued by designated state/UT authority
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father
Note: The students are not required to upload the documents online. However, they need to submit the hard copies of all the documents to their respective institution.
What are the selection criteria ?
Fresh: Weightage will be given according to the financial need of the applicant rather than the marks obtained. In case if the family income and the marks of the two applicants are same, the result will be generated according to the ‘Date of Birth’ and preference will be given to the senior applicant.
Renewal: The scholar will be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship if obtained 50% in the previous year’s examinations in the same course and Institute.
Terms and Conditions
- 30% of the total seats are reserved for the female candidate. The seat will be transferred to the male candidate in case of the non-availability of the female candidate.