What is UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship for September 2019?
UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship for September 2019 is a merit-based scholarship for Indian students who are planning to take admission in undergraduate and post-graduate courses in UCC Ireland for September 2019 batch. The scholarship is being offered in the form of a tuition fee waiver for the selected students. The undergraduate scholarship is applicable for 4 years (or the duration of course), subject to the successful completion of each year by the student as per the required standard for progression.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
This scholarship is being offered by the University College Cork (UCC), Ireland. The university founded in 1854 is ranked among the top 2% universities in the world. UCC degrees are internationally recognized and around 20,000 students take its Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs including 3000 international students from over 100 countries. The University is located in Cork, which is Ireland’s second largest city and home to over 140 of the world’s largest companies. The college offers a one-year Postgraduate Degree in multiple disciplines.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
What are the benefits ?
Depending on the course for which the student is applying, the scholarship may vary as mentioned below –
College of Science, Engineering and Food Science (SEFS):
- UG & PG level: Up to 25% scholarship on the annual fee
College of Business and Law (CBL)
- PG level: EUR 3000 scholarship (for courses with fee >17k)
- Students can also participate for Quercus scholarship which offers 50% tuition fee reduction as scholarships. Details available in Annexure 1.
- Students will also get an opportunity to work in Ireland post studies for 2 years.
- Every year, approximately 97% of students get a successful campus placement or project.
How can you apply ?
Students can follow the below two steps to apply:
Step 1: Scholarship application and selection: All applications will be initially processed through Buddy4Study. After filling up the common application form, the Buddy4Study team will conduct a counselling session for the students based on the eligibility criteria of the university. Interested students can click here to apply.
Step 2: Admission application and selection: After counselling, students will be shortlisted for admission. Finalist students need to apply at the university admission portal to receive an offer letter.
What are the documents required for the UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship for September 2019?
Documents to be attached:
- Copy of passport
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Letters of reference (LOR)
- IELTS/TOEFL (IELTS score is not compulsory for few programmes at the time of application)
What are the important dates ?
- Scholarship application submission deadline: 15th January 2019
- UCC admission application deadline: 30th May 2019
- Conditional admission offer letter: within 2 weeks of the application
- Classes begin: September 2019