What is SB Memorial Scholarship Program?
Late Sanjay Bahuguna (SB), an alumni of IIT BHU (91 batch), is a source of inspiration to hundreds of people. Despite being bed-ridden because of a paralytic attack at a very young age, he kept teaching & mentoring students for more than 20 years. Hundreds of his students are now successful and well-settled in their respective career and life. He was like a father figure, trusted friend and mentor to all his students. SB Memorial Scholarship Trust, supported by his SB friends, batchmates & his students, launched this memorial scholarship to provide a meaningful way to honor Late Sanjay Bahuguna while carrying his legacy forward to future generations of students.
Under this program, outstanding school students of Paschim Vihar (Delhi) and girl student of IIT BHU will receive scholarships to pursue their education.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
SB Memorial Scholarship Trust
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- Be a school student of class 9 to 12 located in Paschim Vihar Delhi with an annual family income less than INR 4 Lakh from all sources
- Be a girl, studying in 1st year of IIT BHU with family income less than INR 6 lakh from all source
Further, all applicants (from both the above category) must
- Have obtained at least 75% or more marks in last qualifying examination
What are the benefits ?
- Scholarships of INR 6,000 will be given to Class 9 & 10 students
- Scholarships of INR 12,000 will be given to Class 11 & 12 students
- Scholarships of INR 24,000 will be given to IIT BHU student
- Scholarships will be provided in 2 equal instalments.
How can you apply ?
Online applicaiton link will be active from 1st February 2019.
What are the documents required for the SB Memorial Scholarship Program?
- Mark sheet of last qualifying examination
- Family income certificate
- Any government ID proof
- Institute ID card / bonafide / current year’s fee receipt
What are the selection criteria ?
- Scrutiny of all online applications & shortlisting based on merit and financial need
About Sanjay Bahuguna:
Sanjay Bahuguna was a Mechanical Engineer from IIT BHU (1987-91). Soon after joining his first job, at the age of 23, Sanjay had a paralytic attack and found himself bedridden. Sanjay started giving coaching classes from his home in Paschim Vihar (Delhi) to all local students. Despite his ill health, a normal day in his life would consist of about 10 hours of teaching. On an avegrage, he used to teach 160 students spread over 8-10 batches, beginning at 1 pm and ending well after Midnight. Two decades on, hundreds of his students, whom he taught and mentored, are successful and well-settled in their lives. His students describe him as a father, a trusted friend and a mentor.
He has been a source of inspiration to hundreds of people and a role model for his students. His students say that he was the most knowledgeable and humble person they had ever known and his guidance not only helped them in their quest to academic excellence but also aligned them towards their social responsibilities.
Refer to the below publications to read more about Sanjay Bahuguna: